From:
Peg Francisco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 12:38:00 -0500
Hi FMLers,

I recieved the following info from an acquaintance who is not on the FML.
She has an older, un-neutered pair that she's trying to find a home for.
Sounds like they've been loved and cared for, but I really have no info
other than what's in her e-mail.  Please contact her directly if you're
interested....

Lakotah & Little Foot are both Sables.  They are both healthy and have
had no health problems to date.  They both have beautiful thick, rich and
healthly coats.  They are both approx.  6 to 7 years old.  At this time,
they reside in Taylor, MI with their mom of 5 years.  Bridgette can be
reached at 734.955.9440 or email [log in to unmask]

Although I love my babies, divorce has changed my world and I no longer
have the means or the time that they deserve.  The new man in my life and
his children do not like the ferrets (or the wonderful musky smells).
And at the moment, the ferrets have their own bedroom in my home.  Soon
that will change and they will have to spend more time in the cage.

Lakotah "The Big Man" is larger than your typical male ferret, and not
neutered.  He has also never been de-scented.  Very musky and I love it.
He has one broken tooth but has no problems eating.  Not sure of his
weight, but he is very healthy.  Once in a while Lakotah tends to lose
the hair on his tail.  Lakotah does not mind the kitties or dogs, but
does not snuggle up with them either.

Little Foot, "The Little Stinker" is petite and full mischief.  She fits
into the smallest of hiding places and only comes out with coaxing of a
treat or her favorite ferret vitamins.  Little Foot had a small litter
of two last year for the first time.  For a little ferret, she is very
brave.  She is the only one who sneaks in or out of anywhere at anytime.
She always finds a way.  If there is no way, she tries to make a way
until she is distracted with a treat or toy.  She chases all of the
kitties.  They are afraid of her and I think she likes it that way.

Both of the ferrets are very active and playful.  I play with them with
a feather duster and they bounce backwards and forwards and upside
down.Especially Lakotah, he can really dance.  They enjoy time outdoors
in the grass and garden.

I feed the ferrets Kitten Chow occasionally; for the majority of the
time, they eat dry ferret food.  But when given the opporunity, they
snitch out of the kitties bowl.  I have tried two or three different
ferret foods and they seem to like them all so I mix them up.

My babies have lived in a number of different fun houses.  When I got
them they were living in a box not big enough for a hamster.  Since then,
they have been spoiled.  Their favorite cage, blankets, hammocks, food
and various toys will go with them.

Thanks for any help you can give to this older pair!

Peg and the Perrysburg Polecats