Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 15:36:29 -0400
Jai <[log in to unmask]> wrote on 4/6/2006, 2:30 AM:
>Has anyone actually tried this food and if so did your ferrets like it.
>It sounds like a good food?????

I bought a bag at the York, PA show and have added it into my mix.  So
far, there is a mixed reaction to it.  About half of my group are eating
it, no questions asked.  The others are eating around it.

As Linda posted, the company that makes Evo for cats is working on
a ferret formula, and I am hoping when it is available, it will be
carried in stores near me.  I like that the cat food has turkey in it
in addition to chicken, and I hope the ferret formula will do the same.

I have also heard through the grapevine that Performance is working on a
turkey version of Totally Ferret.  Hopefully it will contain no chicken
at all.  I seem to be getting too many ferrets with either chicken or
grain allergies.

Someone also asked about why a food with no grains was desirable.
Grains are notorious for being a cause of food allergies.  Several of
my kids who have IBD were diagnosed via bowel biopsy, and the pathology
report also found signs of food allergies, and said that the allergies
might be a cause of the IBD. In 2 of the 4, I know that any chicken at
all will cause them problems, but the other 2 can eat chicken baby food
without trouble, so I suspect in their case the problem is grains.
--
Danee DeVore
International Ferret Congress Health Issues Coordinator