Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 00:56:06 -0500
Happy Holidays to all,

I have a story to tell and I would like some feedback and opinions on this.
As of today, Jackie Hawley is grieving the loss of two very special ferrets
that were in her care for at least a year.  All of you may know the story
about Ben.  She did not lose these little guys to death, but to another
shelter operator who literally came and took them from her.  This person is
Barbara Ludt.  Ben was surrendered to Jackie, but Barbara has wanted him
from day one and today she took him.  she took him because she was mad at
Jackie & she has the need for the notoriety that comes with Ben.  I think
that this is selfish and certainly not thinking of the ferrets best
interest since Ben has to be hand fed and is a special care ferret.  We all
know how ferrets can stress very easily and I truly believe that Barbara
is not thinking of the ferrets at all.  What is poor little Ben thinking
right now when the mommy he has known for a year is not the one feeding
him tonight.  I think it is outrageous that someone could do this to the
ferrets.  How this person has any friends left is beyond me.  She doesn't
care that it is Christmas, she doesn't care that the ferrets may suffer,
she only cared that she be in control and win.

I only have one thing to say, what goes around , comes around.  There will
be a judgment day for Barbara & there will be no excuses at that time for
her to come up with.  We all have to face our creator in the end and answer
for the things we have done.  I wonder what she will say.  Most of you
don't know me well at all.  I have the shelter in Okeechobee and I have
had past dealings with Barbara, I know she can be very nasty if things do
not go her way, but this one takes the prize.  I am the person that found
the Arcadia Ferrets and talked the breeder into giving them up instead of
selling them at the local auction.  From the auction that night, I brought
8 of them home with me & he cancelled the remainder at auction until we
contacted him.

Although, no one knows that whole story.  I would like to know what
everyone thinks about this situation with Ben and Jeremy being taken by
Barbara.  Do you believe that the ferrets were even thought about before
she acted?  I also gave Barbara 2 ferrets, Giggles and Cricket because she
said she had a home for them.  She took them to Jackie, Jackie kept them
for at least a year.  I was okay with that, I knew that they were well
cared for.  A few months ago, Barbara took them back from Jackie also with
one of them being very sick.  I worry about them, Barbara isn't home allot
and the 2 do not need to be separated.  I am publicly telling Barbara that
I want the 2 back, they DO NOT belong to her, they belong to me.  I paid
for them.  I want them returned to Jackie and I will then get them back.

I also would like to ask Barbara about the South Florida Ferret Rescue
being dissolved.  How is it that she still can be the NE branch of it ?
I do believe that she is no longer under that name, nor is she a 501-c-3.

I also would like to ask her how she adopts ferrets if no one can come to
her house to see them.  I was recently contacted by someone wanting to
adopt a ferret.  They mentioned calling Barbara and that they were not able
to come see the ferrets to choose one.  How does she do any adoptions?

I'm not usually one to bad mouth or flame anyone, but when it is a ferret
or ferrets that suffer because someone has to act like a spoiled child,
then I have to have my say.  For those of you who know Jackie, she needs
all the support she can get right now, please contact her.  Thanks for
listening.

sue