From:
Greg Mortensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 1995 18:18:21 -0600
First of all I would like to thank everyone who posted and send me e-mail
about clipping my ferrets nails.  I really appreciated the great response
I got, and would like to let all of you know you're GREAT!! - I have had
a lot less trouble with the nail clipping thanks to all your wonderful
suggestions!!

I have a new problem, however.  As of the first of this week, my ferret
started digging in her litter-box.  It has gotten pretty bad, to the
point that she keeps me up all night digging (I'd move her out of my
room, but then my roommates parents would probably visit, see her, and
freak) (Not because she's a ferret, but because its an animal of ANY
kind) (Why do I care? - Harmony!!) -- Anyway getting on with the story
here.  I've tried several things, I've tried to get her really tired
during the day, no dice.  I've tried putting in a litter box with a top.
That worked for about 2 hours, then she figured out how to flip it all
over the room and make a HUGE (worse) mess than when I started - Plus,
she refuses to use it for a bathroom, needless to say we're back to the
open one.  I've tried no litter-box, but that's not practicle, and messy,
so after cleaning, she got it back - and still dug.  What I'm doing right
now is just putting in the bare minimum of litter, then piling it all in
the corner where she normally goes (IE: Part of the box is empty).  This
is better (I guess) but she still digs, and makes a lot of noise, and a
big mess.  It doen't matter if the litter is clean, horrible dirty, or
new, she still digs.  I really need to resolve this matter, not only is
it messy, but like I said, I'm not getting any sleep, and am about to the
end of my rope.

Any suggestions or help would DEFINATLY be appreciated and probably praised!!

Thanks!!

Greg