From:
The Ferret Centre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 1996 06:33:33 +0800
>Subject: exercise wheel; size LARGE

>With smaller animals like mice and rats, an exercise wheel is commonplace.
>I was wondering if anyone had any experience with such a device with
>ferrets.       --- Judy May           [log in to unmask]

Judy - we have made and sold our own steel ferret wheels, based on the
design for rats/mice.  What we have found is that older ferrets don't care,
and only a few of the younger ones seem to bother.  They don't go in for
that "brainless" wheel exercise like the rodents!  What they seem to like
just as much is to stand up outside the wheel, against it and spin it that
way (make sense?).

Regards

Philip Langley
The Ferret Centre