From:
Heidi Lepak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 15:28:40 -0400
I sure some of the members know me as I am on other lists.  But being very
new to list I thought I would say hi.

I'm known as huronna, that's female ferret in Spanish.  We live in Puerto
Rico and have had ferrets since 1984.  Our temperature all year round is 85
degrees F., but our floors are made of ceramic tile and stay cool.  Plus we
have fans on the floor at ferret level.

My ferrets have free roam, always had.  At night a small door is placed on
our bedroom and they sleep there with us.  Many times they know when it's
time to go to bed, since we will find them already asleep in their baskets.

I have never had more than 3 ferrets at a time, since they are not sold
here, and are very hard to find.  I have adopted 2, during the past 15
years, but would loved to have found more to adopt.

Except for Skippy, who died after Adrenal surgery ( he was 6 1/2) all my
ferrets have lived to the ripe age of 8.  I have 2 wonders now, Rocki, who
is 5 1/2, and Silveretta who was 5 in Sept.

My furries have their own website, which I hope you'll visit.

And soon we will have more ferrets as in May 2000, we will be returning to
live in the USA in Florida, Tampa area.  Does anyone know if there are any
shelters in this area, as I would like to adopt before purchasing.

Thanks for listening and am really enjoying the FML.

We survived the Petsburgh Critique
www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/3133
http://communities.msn.com/Ferret