From:
Cynthia Obrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:06:22 -0400
Please do not use the over the counter products to treat fleas in
ferrets.  My vet says they are older generation products that cause
neurological problems in dogs and cats, let alone tiny little ferrets.
He's treated four cats this summer for convulsions brought on by the
Hartz products.  I know noone wants to cause convulsions or neurological
damage in their precious ferrets.

Frontline has a new spray version that is perfect for ferrets and cats.
One bottle will last all summer, even for a houseful of the critters.
Use one spray per pound on cats, and two sprays per pound on ferrets.

One bottle sells for less than $30.  It's a prescription product, but
next time you have one of your fuzzies or kitties to the vet, ask about
it; you can use it on all of them once you get if prescribed for just
one of them.

Please check with your vet about this before using any over the counter
flea products on any of your pets.

Cindy and the fudge ferts: Cocoa, Butter, and Sugar