From:
Vickie McKimmey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:10:18 -0400
From Matan:
>HI.  this is matan from israel, whoever remembers me... so..  my last kit
>was sold yeterday while he is 2 months old.  1 month ago she got into
>heat, whil she miked the babies!!!  and it disappeared after 2 weeks.
>now, she is i heat again!!  i dont know what to do.

Hi Matan!

Depending on your jill and/or the number of kits born, a jill can go back
into heat if her body doesn't have enough stimulation from the kits
nursing.  Some jills can go through with only one nursing kit, some jills
could come into heat when nursing more kits.

Usually the jill will go back out if there are multiple kits nursing -
just like your jill did.

Then once the kits are weaned some jills will pop back into heat.  I see
this more when the jill delivered early in the season.  You should have
her serviced by a vasectomized hob to bring her out of heat.  If this is
not an option, then have your vet administer a hormone injection to bring
her out.  She should not be bred at this time, she has already gone through
a successful breeding, delivery and nursing of kits.

If you have any other questions feel free to email me anytime, or post it
here and I will try to help.

Vickie

Just a Business of Ferrets
www.mindspring.com/~jbferret
A multitude of ferrets is known as 'a business of ferrets'