From:
Shannon Hennessy and Baby too <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 1996 11:48:55 -0400
Hi All,
This is in response to the owner of Samantha and Ozzie who feared that their
play might be too rough...I thought I'd tell you my own ferret introduction
story.  I had an eight month old smallish girl ferret named Baby, and went
to a shelter and found Murray.  They didn't get along too well at first,
Baby hated every single ferret at the shelter, so my plan to let her pick
out her friend seemed doomed, so instead I got the ferret that most liked
her.  Murray followed her around, facinated by her, and I figured that his
interest would eventually lead to a good pair.  They fought horrribley!!
Baby would make this screaming noise that made me think she was being
killed.  Murray would chase her, grab her by the back of the neck, and roll
over, flipping her over and pinning her down.  I was so guilty for getting
another ferret that was just *torturing* poor widdle defensless
Baby.....Imagine my surprise when I watch them fight a little more closely,
and saw that while Murray was holding Baby down.....I learned that Baby only
screamed while she was attacking!!!  Murray just pinned her down and laughed
at her i guess, and she bit at him and yelled and hissed.  Little brat.
Anyways its been about 10 months now....and i finally have my pair of
cuddley rats that poke their little cute heads out of the hammock together
and curl up when ever they sleep.  Murray still chases Baby and pins her
down and she screams, but when she gets up, she tries to sneak towards him
to jump on him, she rarely runs away.  In all honesty though, it did take a
good 4-5 months before I could say that I was sure that they liked each
other, but this could have been due to Murrays odd nature...I'm not sure sho
had him before me because i got him from a shelter...but he honestly did not
know how to play.....it took the same amount of time for he and Baby to get
along as it did for him to enjoy playing wrestling games and chase games
with me.....so Good Luck...sorry for the long post..I intended it to be a
short little peice of encouragement..Whoops...so long

Shannon and the terrible twos