From:
John Coder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 20:50:58 -0500
Hello friends to the fuzzies, all,

Rocky Coder, here, to continue the fun and mayhem involved in our first
ferret rescue!  At last writing, John and I had just repaired a broken fan
belt, with still a VERY long way to go!  In fact, we had a bit of a spat
because I wished to stop every so often and make more of a vacation out of
it!  He, on the other hand, wanted to make Manhattan by nightfall!  He
wanted us settled in a motel room, first and foremost, so we could pick up
the rescues late morning the next day!

This seemed extreme to me, so I pouted a bit!  As it turned out, he was MORE
than absoulutely correct to insist on his plan!  We had a pleasant meal
after we settled in our motel room in the campus area, so we were well
relaxed when he contacted Troy Lynn about timing the pick up the next
morning.  We had a leisurely brunch at a micro-brewing company called "The
Little Apple" where the food was fantastic, and the ferrets were within 2
miles of the place!

Now, talk about confusion!  Poor Troy Lynn was in a state of upheaval at
letting the designated ferrets out of her care; although she knew that she
had to!  This lady has a great heart!  Her friend, Nancy, took a few photos,
as did we!  It was a very tearful and tender incident, between perfect
strangers, that took place within the space of one half an hour, tops!  Ah,
but we were strangers with a VERY common bond!  Those little fuzzies meant
everything to all of us!

The real confusion came down to "which ones do we take?" Which ferrets go
with us?  How many of them get along with each other?  (And believe me, not
many!!!!) Which are "ours?" Which get picked up for points further north
from Cincinnati?  The logistics were mindboggling!  WOW!!!!

We wound up with 13 ferrets, in about 12 cages!  Please, bear in mind, that
all of these ferrets had been raised in separate cages all of their lives!
Or, worse, like the females, thrown into sheds during the winter for
treatment from the outside "en masse," like mass feeding, watering,
absoulutely no attention.

I am going to leave off now, but with a special notice, made by Troy Lynn!
She said she could perceptibly feel the love shared between us for the
ferrets!  I believe she was correct, because I most certainly did my share
of "tearing up" upon leaving with her trust in us!  I have one last leg of
the journey to write, but allow me to say to Troy Lynn and Nancy, many
thanks for your trust in us!  Our little brood is flourishing nicely!  Why,
the kit has gained a half pound already!

Til next time folks, love and dooks, from John, Rocky, and the babies!!!!!