From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:41:51 -0400
As you know by now we are dealing with some very recalcitrant and bad
ferret "accident" locations.  A local vet's office recommended something
that Steve says was the "something" green so we'll check that out, too.
Heard from Ron who had a really bad one that Oxyclean carpet stain cleaner
worked on in three uses, and from Ardith who recommends something called
*Out Old Icky Poo* or *Icky Poo Out*.

We haven't tried those, even though we tried all of the standards and
some non-standards, many of which are way to perfumed for anyone with
allergies.  Natures Miracle was especially hard on our allergies for
both of us.

The Consumer Relations department of Vetoquinol wrote me back a note
saying that they don't have any products like this, then later I guess
they realized that they own the two divisions which make Equalizer (the
one that worked so very well here) because they wrote back with the same
contact number for their Consumer Division that I used yesterday.  They
REALLY need to figure out consumer relations: need to have a map so that
purchasers can see where they can buy their products locally, need a
catalog list for those who want to buy from catalogs, etc.

Foster & Smith (Smith and Foster?) was a BIG HELP; their consumer
relations dept. is excellent!  (Vetoquinol should get rid of their's and
then hire some F&S folks to reorganize their consumer dept for them.)
F&S got back to me with info about "See Spot Out" to help me compare the
two.  "See Spot Out" is listed as a stain remover but not an odor
remover; it's two ingredients that have to listed are the same ones as in
"Equalizer" and it is made by Tomlyn which is the other Division aside
from EVSCO that Vetoquinol bought from IGI.  (Yes, the same place as
Nutrical and Nutristat.)  The upshot is that "See Spot" Out may be the
same thing or may be similar.

I just heard back from JB Wholesale which has been reassured by the sales
dept at Vetoquinol that "Equalizer" and "See Spot Go" have the same
formulation, and they can special order a case for us.  The price is
affordable enough that it is worth it to us.

Equalizer takes a long time to dry, but it worked on something nothing
else touched.

Rather than have a list over-run with replies about this I am asking for
private replies, and sending on only those things which are out of the
norm and may be useful for others but hard to find otherwise.

Eight year old Warp is on her last legs.  Her vet and a consulted vet
oncologist have worked up a cocktail of meds to keep her comfy and when
it no longer works we'll have to say goodbye.  So much is so wrong,
though, that she may be fortunate enough to just pass in her sleep while
her comfort is still able to be obtained.

Seven (estimated age of 5 years) had a petite mal seizure on Monday so
Tuesday had bloodwork and was borderline, then last night she seized
again, so she is on Pred while we work out a surgery schedule for her.

Think that with the needs of those two it much have ben 2:30 to 3 a.m.
before I could hit the sack last night.  Happens and they are more than
worth it.