From:
Toni Callison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 01:45:53 -0400
Hi everyone!  I am writing in regard to my 3 1/2 year old male ferret,
Pepe.  He had adrenal surgery a month ago and I recently noticed that he is
still losing hair on his back.  I just gave him his first bath following
his surgery a month ago and I am wondering if this is why he is shedding so
much hair???  His hair is growing back nicely on his stomach where it was
shaved for the surgery, but I am wondering if I should be concerned about
his hair hair loss on his back?  Has anyone had a ferret that had adrenal
surgery and experienced continuous hair loss following the surgery?

Other than shedding hair, he is recovering fine from the surgery.  He know
longer is trying to mate with my other ferrets, nor urinating frequently.
He is playing and eating normally.

Also, any suggestions on how to clean ferret's ears?  My ferrets refuse to
let me clean their ears, even when I bribe them with cat lax or ferretone.
I think they may have ear mites, but I am not sure.  Their ears appear
dirty, but they will not sit still for me to clean them.  Any suggestions
on products that I should be using.  Also, how can you tell if they have
ear mites or just wax build up?  Please let me know.

I am concerned about my fuzzies.  You can email me at

Thanks.

Toni, Pepe, Sadi, and Little Bubba