From:
"Jyri L. Palm" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 18:29:55 -0400
Hi everyone, last week I ran out of food and opened a new bag of Iams
Original Cat Food (orange bag).  I noticed in the days ahead my two ferrets
were not very active and eventually it became clear they simply were not
eating.  But they would gladly eat the vitamin supplement that can be
used for interim nourishment when they are sick.

I called Iams and asked if they had changed their food.  Sure enough,
some time in July of this year they added more fish product.  So I went
scouring the town for pre-July bags (I've been through this before, and
all the ferrets I've ever had simply will not recognize anything else as
food, even given TEN possible choices!)

So I put one piece of the OLD food before each, and they chow it right
down.  Try a piece of the NEW, and they ignore it.  I now have a sufficient
quantity to transition them to either the NEW or some other brand.

If you use Iams, be prepared!

Jyri Palm