From:
Ronald Sims <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 20:05:35 -0400
Dear Brothers and Sisters of the FML:

I am happy to report that Rev. Ron has had the surgery to correct a
hernia that ran from his sternum to the navel, has been repaired by
implanting a mesh that runs under the abdominal muscles and over the
esophogus, stomach and intestines, and sutured into place on the left and
right side of the body.  The surgery was on Wednesday morning, 09/22/04
at 0800 hours EDST and he was in surgery for 2-1/2 hours.  He spent the
last 3 days in the hospital, and is recovering just fine.  He came home
today, 09/25/04 at 1600 hours (4pm) EDST.  He is quite sore and is on
pain medication, and is not allowed to drive for the next week.  He will
probably be coming online during this time of recuperation, but I do not
think that his answers will be very lucid, as he must continue to take
pain medication every 4 to 6 hours, which will effect his thinking
process.

He did ask me to send you his thanks for all of your messages of concern
and support by praying for his recovery.  God Bless each and every one of
you.  And special thanks to Bob for allowing this message to be among the
messages listed on the FML.

May the Peace of God which surpasses all human understanding, keep your
hearts filled with peace, joy, and love.  Now and forever more.

Deaconess Sally M. Sims, AiM on behalf of Rev. Ronald L. Sims, D.D. and
Family: 2 hooman-beans owned and operated by 3 Fuzzies (Fancy Pants,
Trixie & Dusty Rose), 2 Canines (Bisquit & Misty), & 4 Felines (Velvet,
Mittens, Tabitha, & Tinkerbell)