From:
Greeter 421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2008 21:01:54 -0500
Things had been quiet at the Bridge and Bridge Greeter No. 421 was
getting some much-needed rest and picking up his yard and house. He
enjoyed gardening this summer and needed to get his flowerbeds ready
for another year.

He was just finishing up in the rose garden when Oliver, his currier,
came puffing up the path.

"Hey, No. 421, I has a request here, and I'se havin' trouble finding
the ferrets," Oliver said. "I has a note forwarded from de Boss from
Princess Sassafras, she be looking for her brudders, Mr. Sid and Yeti
Spaghetti. Do you know these fellers?"

"Hmmmmm," No. 421 said. "We do have a couple of ferrets down in the
back field. One was named Sid, and he moved away from everyone else
so he could graze his moose in the field. I wonder if that is Mr. Sid?
Oliver, please run down and see if that ferret is Mr. Sid."

Oliver ran down to the field. He was almost to the house when he
tripped over an egg and it rattled and rolled over the grass.

Oliver picked himself up and brushed himself off and knocked on the
door.

"Come in" someone said. "What can we do for you?"

"I be Oliver, a currier, and I has a special request for a Mr. Sid
and Yeti Spaghetti," the little currier said. "Do you know a Princess
Sassafras? She be asking about you."

"Hey Sid" said Yeti, a big silver ferret. Our little sister be asking
for us. Come on out and talk to Ollie, that is your name -- right?"
Yeti said.

"Well, I be called Oliver by de Boss, but all I need to know is how
you is," Oliver said. "De Princess wants to know."

A big ferret stuck his head in the back door and his paw out and said,
"Hi, I'm Sid, I was out doing chores for my moose. What can I tell
you?"

"Just tell me how you are and I'll take the message back to the
Shooting Star who will deliver it for you.

"Well," Sid said. "We are doing fine, we are feeling so much better,
the moose is great, and I been trying to hatch my rattlely egg, but
no luck yet. We has two more brothers in our family, but we have not
located them yet, and Yeti and I are doing feeling super."

"Okay," Oliver said. "I tell Miss Princess Sassafras you is just fine.
I tell her you is getting along real well, the moose is getting fat,
but there are no egg babies yet, and you will wait for her to join you
some day," Oliver said.

"Okay Man -- see ya round like a donut," Yeti said. "Tell the Princess
we said HI, and we is fine."

Oliver ran back to No. 421 and said his mission had been successful. "I
found the ferrets, they is down in the lower field and has a big moose
and they is hatching an egg," Oliver said.

No. 421 called the Shooting Star and asked him to deliver the message
tonight when the clouds broke.

The star shined up his points, took the message in hand, and said he
would.

No. 421 wrote in his logbook, Mission Completed.