Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2008 03:02:47 -0500
Personally, I wouldn't put *anything* past PETA (People Entertained by
the Torture of Animals). They put together these horrendous videos,
which you can't tell if they're real or staged, & then they *sell* them
on their website! Like anyone wants to actually *buy* this garbage
to watch at home?! They've pulled this stuff before - sabotaging
businesses, telling people that keeping pets is "slavery" (yeah, I
force my ferrets to scrub my floor all the time, & I *don't pay them*
<gasp>!), & saying that even using any medication that was developed
through any kind of animal testing is wrong. Meanwhile, the lady who
runs PETA owns cats, & is a diabetic who uses insulin (& who publicly
stated that she *has* to, in order to do her important work w/ PETA).
Can you say "hypocrite"? Sure, I knew you could. And let's not forget
stuff like the industrial-sized refrigerated meat lockers they bought &
installed in their Washington DC HQ (why???), & the numerous dogs they
took from shelters, saying they were taking to good homes, when instead
they were killing them in the back of a van & dumping them in mall
dumpsters. They put out propaganda-like materials that they force on
children, scaring the bejesus out of them (what was the one they were
handing out in front of Nutcracker performances a few yrs back? I think
it was called "Your Mommy Kills Animals"?). They may have started out
w/ a valid message, many many moons ago, but it's gotten mangled in
their propaganda & terrorist tactics.

As for petstores, why patronize them at *all* anymore, when you can
buy all your supplies online? Most petstores won't listen to their
customers when they lodge complaints. A couple yrs ago, I got banned
from Pet Supplies Plus in Findlay OH, for pointing out that the ferret
they had alone in it's enclosure, w/ no toys, improper food, etc, was
at risk of dying of a blockage, cos it was so bored, it was *eating
it's plastic litterbox*. Instead of doing something about it, they just
called me & told me to never darken their door again. Which I've done
gladly. Most of these places are only interested in one thing - the
almighty dollar - & can't be bothered w/ whether they have sick or
dying animals in their stores, or w/ educating themselves when someone
w/ a shred of knowledge points something out to them. Sure, there are
exceptions. But they are few & far between. Meanwhile, I haven't been
in a single pet store since I got banned from Pet Supplies Plus, & I
haven't sacrificed a thing by doing it. In fact, in looking for online
deals, comparing prices, & not wasting gas, I've probably saved quite
a lot of money.

If you buy your supplies online, you'll never have to partonize a pet
store that keeps it's animals in appalling conditions. If enough people
stay away, eventually they'll lose enough business that they'll no
longer have any reason to carry live animals, & maybe, hopefully,
eventually, they'll stop doing so. If they get to that point, it'll
maybe, hopefully, eventually, affect the mass animal mills & etc, who
won't be able to sell enough of their "product" to make it worth it
anymore.

Just tell 'em you're not shopping there anymore, & why, & that you'll
be giving your $$ to someone else, & follow through on it. If enough
people do it & stick w/ it, their profit margins will eventually let
them know where they stand.

Just my .02 ~

Lin, Oberon, Max, Puck, & Ivan - the Fugitives, Madison & Mason
~ Missing my angel Ariel - 20 April 2000 - 20 January 2007. Wait for
me, my Baby Girl. I miss you so much.

email me at: kay tee en eye el at double-u owe aich dot ar ar dot see
owe em