From:
Brian Millham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 1994 12:56:00 PDT
> From: [log in to unmask] (Yuki Busch)
> Date: Tue, 13 Sep 1994 22:50:43 -0600
> Submitted-Date: Wed Sep 14 01:29:47 EDT 1994
>
> Do ferrets make good watch animals?
>  Every
> time I came home, I called out, "Hi, kids.  Mommy is home.  Come
> out and kiss my feet!"
>
> Nuke, without fail, poked her head out of the pouch with her
> narrow sleepy eyes, as if to say "Oh, it's mom..."  Then retreated
> into the comfy pouchbed again.

I picked up my new dishwasher last night.  When I walked into the house, I
did a quick look-around for any ferrets who may have been awake.  No sign of
them, so I decided that it was safe to bring the new dishwasher into the
house.  I went outside, and as soon as I opened the door to bring the
dishwasher into the house, there were 4 ferrets just waiting to help.....

After bringing the dishwasher (still in the box) inside, I decided to leave
it in the box until the ferrets went back to sleep.  An hour or so later,
all was quiet, so I pulled out my knife, snuck over to the box, knelt down,
put the knife to the box, and like magic, a ferret appeared to help.

I can't wait until I cut the hole in the cabinet to install the dishwasher.
 I'll probably have more help than I'll know what to do with :-)

Brian, Kitty, Ferrah, Bandit, Jake, Fletch and Buddy