From:
Dee gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 2009 19:21:10 -0800
Many ferret owners, friends and advocates know, or at least know of,
Gloria Davis.

For those who don't, Gloria is one of the founding members of the Great
Lakes Ferret Association and served as the Treasurer for many years.
She also was one of the greatest lobbyists with the State of Michigan
and fought for years to get ferrets re-legalized here in Michigan
(ferrets legalized December 22, 1994). Gloria was also on the front
lines in fighting for the life of Kodo, who was confiscated and killed
to test for rabies after a lengthy court battle (check FML archives).
Gloria was one who was there during the whole process and played a
large part in getting the kill and test rule revoked and changed to
quarantine here in Michigan.

Most people may remember Gloria at the G.L.F.A. shows scooting around
in a wheelchair visiting with everyone and partaking in large
quantities of fuzzy love.

Gloria is currently encountering a difficult time with her arthritis
and it's really got her spirits down. She taught piano for most of her
life and I'm sure it's very hurtful to her to not be able to play at
all now. .

Currently Gloria isn't able to even hold the phone for long at a time,
but I'm absolutely sure a note of encouragement, or a happy card
(Please not a get well card, she's knows that's not going to happen)
but something to perk her up would be appreciated by her and all of us
who love her.

Here's her address

Gloria Davis
2033 Fort Street Apt. 123
Riverview, Mi. 48192

Thank you!

Thank you to Bob Jacobs for writing this for me. I received a phone
call from a ferret friend about Gloria's condition and since I just
didn't have time to write, I asked Bob to write it for me so I could
send it along as I promised I would.

Gloria was one of the first people I met with I got involved with
ferrets in 1996, joined GLFA and wrapped myself in the rabies issue
in Michigan along with everyone else. That incident was the catalyst
that got me to where I am today.

My most vivid memory of Gloria was my sitting next to her at a luncheon
meeting. I didn't know her THAT well and I'll never forget listening to
her when the waiter came to take her order. The waiter asked her what
she wanted to drink and out of that feisty Irish woman's mouth came
"Ferret Piss". She heard my gasp and looked to see the shock on my
face. She grinned and said "Iced Tea. What else would you call it?"
I couldn't stop laughing.

Please take a minute and send her a card. Thank you.

Dee
West MichiganFerret Connection