From:
Julie Guardino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 12:55:09 -0500
I gotta disagree with you on this one,because someone as dedicated as Meghan
seems to be will find a way to finance the care of her ferret.  She seems
to me to be someone who is very responsible, in that she had the cage first
and was waiting to buy the ferret until she saved up the money.  How many
times have you heard of someone buying on impulse a pet and not having the
proper cage or food to care for them.  This happens all the time.  I
suspect that Meghan will do a great job caring for her ferret.  It brought
me such joy to read her story this week!  You do make a valid point on the
longterm care of a pet.  A ferret as any pet is a lifelong committment.
Many people don't think beyond that moment when their child begs for the
puppy or kitten or ferret, and then loses interest in it.  Two of my three
ferrets came to me because someone's son or daughter lost interest in it.
In any case, best wishes to you Meghan and I hope you and your new little
sweetie have many happy years together!

Julie and Poncho, Raz and Mickey