From:
Melody Tomaszewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 1997 09:10:56 -0400
Jen-

I vote for going for the fourth ferret.  We had three for about two months
before we got our fourth.  There really were times when one of the three
felt like the "odd man out." Wrestling matches tend to be two ferret
affairs--my fuzzbutts didn't gang up on each other.  I think that when I got
my second female, the first one was happy to have someone to "girl talk"
with.  :-)

The day we brought the fourth one home, they all bounced against the walls
playing together.  It was like we had finally reached a critical mass, and
we had an explosion of joy in our living room.  They don't always play
together in the same combinations.  But when one group of two is wrestling,
the other two can wrestle or explore together, and no one feels left out of
the fun.

Melody Tomaszewicz

Melodyt and the four fuzzbutts
Furry--"I'm the first, and I'm SOOOO dignified."
Sweetie--The ferret doughnut, "Com'on Mom, let me sleep some more. YAWN."
Friskie--"Get those air goblins!  Get 'um, get 'um, get um!
          Oops, I fell over."
Angel--"Gotta play, Gotta play! KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL!
        OOPS...sorry. PLAY, PLAY, PLAY!"
Coco the Yorkie--"MOM, they're biting my nipples!  Save me!"
Munchkin the Elkhound--"NO, you can't have my dog food.
                        Please make them go away."