From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:58:10 -0500
Support Our Shelters is continuing to ask for help with the vet bills for
spaying or neutering the ferrets which were given up by a breeder in
Michigan.

Happily, this was not a bad situation for the ferrets.  They are in good
health and were well cared for.  The breeder simply did not want to
continue breeding, and four shelters in Michigan have taken 31 of the
ferrets.  Because they were breeders and not companion animals, they
need some behavior rehab.  They were not used to being handled.  But
those of you who have been on this list for a while have heard again
and again how even abused ferrets usually learn to love being loved.
What big hearts these little ones have!

Anyway, even though the two vets who spayed/neutered 29 of the ferrets
charged a reduced fee, the vet bills have totalled almost $2,800.00.

Any help you could give to S.O.S. for these bills would be greatly
appreciated.  All the information for donating by check or by PayPal
is below in my signature.

Thanks so much!
Blessings,
Judith