From:
"Lisa N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2013 03:45:04 -0800
I would call Lufthansa and see if there are any connecting flights you
can get between there and Seattle. I know for a fact they operate many
flights in and out of Seattle. They allow ferrets in cabin. It would
have to be arranged personally by the airline though, as far as getting
a connecting flight. You could possibly even book a more expensive
ticket that has a layover in Seattle on Lufthansa and just stop your
journey there. It would take some experimentation on Expedia but might
be possible.

As far as road trips, a well secured carrier (belted in), that is
strong, and sits on the seat longways would be ideal, as would lots of
padding for them to snuggle into inside to cushion them against the
bumps and stops of the road. Puppy pee pads as liners are good with
newspaper underneath. A low hanging hammock that can't touch the ground
of the carrier is ideal (keep in mind how much it may droop with 3
inside it). Food and water can be clipped to the inside door of the
carrier, and get a deep water dish, mounted low, and put only a bit of
water inside. Same with the food. They will eat less on the road trip
and drink less anyway. If you use a carrier with a loose door, (most
are), some duct or electrical tape on the parts that secure will stop
rattling noises of the door while driving. You can get some carafate
from your vet if you like to give as a preventative to prevent ulcers
caused by stress of the trip.

As far as snow - you may end up getting caught in some stoppages if you
take 80 W but generally they keep the highway open as much as they can.
I have had one to two day delays at some places while traveling, not
sure which route you would be taking.

I would NOT use Pet Air but that is just me. I hope someone else can
give you information regarding them. I just remember how Delta sent my
cat - in a carrier way too small to be allowed by their own regulations
(an ex sent her), she could not even move. I felt so bad for her.
Unless they say someone is in the same hold as the animals, I would
not feel comfortable transporting an animal on an airline anymore.