From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 1997 10:15:13 EDT
Re: Rabies Quarantine Legislation

Just a thought, but I've gotten more then one mailing from environmental and
animal organizations that include a letter for me to sign and then mail to
my state representatives or some other official.  Has anyone thought of
drafting such a letter about creating a rabies quarrantine legislation that
ferret owners can sign/address and mail?  This letter could be passed out
through the FML, ferret websites (I'd be willing to put it on mine!), clubs,
and shelters.  Perhaps there could be a supporting document that contains a
list of names and addresses, broken down by state, of those to whom these
letters should be addressed and mailed to.

I think your average ferret owner here doesn't really know what regulations
to ask for nor where to send their letters.  This would help fix that
situation.  If you never speak up, you will never be heard.

Best wishes to all in the fight for Kodo's life.

-kim, squirt (king of the fuzzbutts), pippi (queen of theives),
 atlas (knave of hearts), and 'jinx (the wildcard)

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]    |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.