Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 21:13:25 -0700
At the risk of receiving some scathing e-mails in response, I'm reporting
that two of our ferrets were stolen from our shelter Friday night.

Our ferret room is visible from a parking lot next door, but we have bars
every 6 inches across our windows from top to bottom.  We have therefore,
had a sense of security that our ferrets were safe.  However, a thief
broke the window glass, reached through the bars, managed to turn a cage
around, opened the top door (Midwest cage) and took out two ferrets,
Flower and Bambi.  (There were four others in that same cage, who were
all sleeping safely when we got in this morning.)

Four windows were broken in the attempt to get in, an expense we were
not prepared for.  I wish we could afford more, but we are offering $100
reward for the return of our ferrets.  We're asking other shelters in the
Seattle area, to continue checking for these ferrets over the following
months.  We want them back regardless of how long they may be gone.  Or,
if you learn of anyone who shows up with two ferrets without an
appropriate cage, please keep our ferrets in mind.  Bambi & Flower are
both microchipped and their pics are on our web page.
http://www.washingtonhouserabbitsociety.org/FerretCurrent.asp

Sandi

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
a non-profit animal shelter
14317 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125
(206)365-9105
Open 6 days/week (closed Tue) or visit our on-line store at:
http://www.rabbitrodentferret.org