From:
Amy Flemming - WORK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 16:00:42 +0800
Hi ya!

First - congrats on the squeeky kids.

>SHe has 3 yesterday.  1 dies immediately and 1 dies last night.  The
>last remaining kit seems Ok at the moment, but I am tryng not to get too
>attached just in case.

Please, please, plesae find another nursing jill with kits abiut the same
age to foster this youngster to.  Many times whern there is only one kit,
that is not enought stimulation to keep the milk flowing.  A shot of
oxytocin from your vet may help her.  Check her milk flow by gentle
squeezing a nipple (or 6) and see what the colour, amount, and consistancy
is.  If all you hear is a crying baby, then it is not getting enough to
eat.  She may be fine, but you really need to get a back up plan going.  If
you have questions - send me an e-mail at [log in to unmask]  If you
need to attempt to hand feed this little munchkin - have a look at my site
at http://www.geocities.com/flemmingfarms/kitfeedings.html for suggestions.

>Is it possible she ate them once they died?

Yep - in fact it is quite common.  No need to worry about it, but just
double check her cage and box to make she she didn't leave parts of it
(they do that sometimes).  Yiu don't want to leave it in there.

Amy Flemming