From:
Ron Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 16:23:39 -0500
>think about it... if you get a ferret from a breeder or shelter, you have
>to go through an extensive "check-out", for want of a better word, to make
>sure you are a good home for that fuzzy...
>
>BUT... not at a pet store!!!...they may give you some info on ferret
>care... (mine did)...and ask if you have had ferrets before...(mine did)...
>but not all even go that far... so basically, these baby ferrets go to
>homes not prepared for them, and lots eventually end up in shelters...

Bravo Kat,

Those are my sentiments exactly..  Wonder where you heard them before.

Out of ten ferrets Three were rescued from people that couldn't/wouldn't
keep them, two are from a shelter, One Marshall farms gave to me, and the
other four I bought at pet stores.

Also true though I haven't bought one from a store in over a year.  Not
since so many others have found their way to my home.

Ron AKA Fuzzie Dad
Rascal,Treble,Cocoa,Screech,Moose,
Charlotte,Havoc,Casey,Hanna,& Dodger
Never forgetting Loki & Spaz waiting at th bridge
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/5886