Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 10:54:36 EDT
Because of the wonderful people of the FML, word was passed on that GCFA
is in big trouble.  We have over 100 ferrets needing homes, and the
situation is really grim.  The ferrets just do not stop piling in.

Because of the FML that BIG holds together, word went out to other lists
on-line concerning the plight of so many ferrets here in Chicago.

The Kalamazoo ferret haven and the ferret house, Cyndi, Nanci, Jennifer,
and Tabitha have driven a very long way, and are about to incure quite an
expense to help 20 of the poor little ferrets needing love and forever
homes that were dumped on the GCFA shelter.  I have never met any of you.
But I love you.

The little girl nipper surely IS a cutie.  What is funny is that she
would kiss and kiss Norms nose.  I was not silly enough to put my nose in
front of her.  She liked to gently "surprise my fingers" the 3 days of my
vacation I spent cleaning, and clipping nails and cleaning ears at the
shelter.  Nothing really painful.  I feel that she should be a relative
of Mini-Me.

If someone on this list takes her-I eagerly await stories of her
character and attitude and adventures.

I did not want to believe it would happen until it actually did.  Would
GCFA vote that the ferrets could be taken to another shelter?  Could
arrangements be made to everybodies satisfaction?  Would these animals be
saved from spending onto death -their few years left-in a shelter with
over 100 other ferrets also needing care?????

What a tearful day of happiness this is for me.  Thank you from a ferret
lover to a ferret lover.

Thank you with all of my heart.
Lisette