From:
Pat BAby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2013 23:07:41 -0700
I have been reading the FML for many years, since 1994 I think.
Although I have shared my life with ferrets for close to 30 years, I
have a question.

I have had hundreds of ferrets, both mine and fosters share my home,
but Fara has me puzzzled. She is approximately 8 years old and has an
implant to manage her adrenal disease.

She is rail thin. I bet her little hips are no more than an inch wide.
Every bone sticks out. If I had received a ferret looking like this
when I was doing rescue, I would be screaming animal abuse. She bounces
out of bed and the first thing she does is eat. She is offered high
quality food and given duck soup twice a day, or more. Her breath is
also horrible. I have checked her teeth and they look really good for
an old lady, and like I said, she eats constantly. Her poops are pretty
good too.

I have recently started adding heavy cream to her soup. Could the awful
breath be a result of internal issues?

Any ideas on putting a little weight on those old bones?

Pat BAby
Everything will be alright in the end!
If it's not alright, it's not the end.