From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:32:59 -0500
How are you timing the meds?

The Carafate needs to be given at least 30 minutes different from other
meds (though we usually time them an hour apart) and should not be given
with food.

The Prednisone or Prednisolone (the latter often being more effective due
to compromised livers getting to skip a step) should be given with food.

In her case an antacid and antibiotics may also make sense.

You might want to read past vet posts on ulcers in the FML Archives (addy
in every day's FML), FHL Archives (addy in my signature), and also to
read Dr. Bruce William's "Ferrets Magazine" article on ulcers in the
appropriate back issue.

What is her blood glucose like?

If she responds to Diazoxide that could allow a reduction in Pred.

-- Sukie (not a vet)
Ferret Health List co-moderator
FHL Archives fan
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/