From:
Cheryl J Halley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 22:58:47 PST
Sushi is a squirmy ferret.  You can not keep her scruffed for longer that 5
seconds, unless you are telling your husband or the vet that she is
unscruffable <GGG>.  I was not sure she was a MF at first because there
seems to be only one big dot on her ear.  Well, the rest is one of her paws!
Yes, she has a tatoo dot on her paw.  In fact, I was worried that she had
one on her rectal area, but the vet said it looked okay.  Is it really okay
to have a bluish area on what I presume is her rectal area (I know it's not
the vulva, so it has to be the other).

Her squirming makes claw cutting extremely difficult.  Definitely a two
person job.  I tried the ferrettone on her tummy but she gets so involved in
licking it she rolls over and I get hold onto her paws.  Instead, one holds
her and distracts her while the other tries to cut quickly, but carefully.
As for her ears.  Well, she does not like having her head held.  So she
becomes even more twisty than normal.  Also her ears are small and/or tight,
so I have a hard time getting some of the wax from the kinda center grove.
Any suggestions?  Please e-mail me at [log in to unmask] since I am once again
behind on the fml.

How can you tell if a ferret is too thin?  Sushi is shedding right now, so
has lost some weight.  She has always been small and the vet gave her an
okay on her exam on June 6th.  She weighed between 1 and 1.2 pounds.  I'm
not sure if I'm overreacting.  My first ferret had an obstruction and needed
surgery, so I'm worried about Sushi.  Sorry this is so long, but I'm
worrying about my youngest baby and my older one for that matter (she has
the red skin patches) and would appreciate help.  I have read the FAQ but
would appreciate feedback.  My vet is Dr. Rill at University Animal Clinic,
I was wondering if there was any one else from my area that knew of him or
another ferret doctor in the Sarasota, FL area.  Dr. Rill is kindly and
certainly looked after Sneeuw during her operation.

Sincerely, Cheryl

Sneeuw, Sushi, Tim (husband) -- (stop overreacting, look we're playing,
eating, sleeping and pooping, what more do you want?).