Date:
Sat, 28 Dec 2013 17:39:25 -0800
Thank you all for making this year's Ferret Giving Tree very
successful! I had to assign only four ferrets to new Santas this year!
I am still waiting to hear about one Santa who took eight ferrets from
seven different shelters. But as far as I know, those are the only ones
who were missed.

Just a few statistics from this year's Ferret Giving Tree:

720 ferrets from 65 shelters were helped this year; this is not
counting the ferrets who passed away with Santas.

731 total ferrets posted

11 passed away

of the 11 who passed away, 8 had Santas before passing

So, only 3 ferrets on the tree did not have Santas and it was because
they passed away.

We had 313 individual Santas which included 21 Secret Santas.

11 shelters chose to not allow Secret Santas and 54 shelters allowed
Secret Santas.

A total of 65 shelters participated on the Ferret Giving Tree. There
are a total of 2725 reported ferrets housed in these shelters. Some of
these numbers do not match what is reported on the statistics page for
the Ferret Giving Tree and that is because that page lists shelters
that had registered, but were not approved to participate on the Tree
this year.

Again, thank you all who helped, volunteered to take Bad Santa ferrets,
who took ferrets from the Tree, who sent gifts to ferrets but DID NOT
take them from the Tree, who sent items just because you love ferrets,
who reached out to the shelter operators to let them know they are
special and anyone who participated in any way shape or form! I TRULY
appreciate you!

I hope you all have a Happy New Year and a blessed year to come!

Melanee Ellis
Ferret Giving Tree Administrator