From:
"Benita G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 16:36:20 EDT
For awhile I worked at a petstore until and incident occurred.  But, I
still go in there because all the managers and deliquents were fired.
Last month, I noticed a bunch of ferrets were sold really fast.  What do
I came up with.  Not telling the customer the whole story about ferrets.
Those ferrets gone.  Two weeks ago, new bunch in.  I mentioned to the
manager who is kind of scared of me.  We joke, but he knows.  That the
food was not moist.  So, I went and moistened the food.  A last week, I go
in assistant manager there.  I go to play with the kits.  I noticed food
not moist, so I think about how I am going to handle this.  So, I moisten
the food and noticed at how they scrambled, growled, jumped on each other.
I didn't react then because I have finally learned tact.  Okay, sometimes.
So, I decided to wait until all customers are gone and I go and get the
assistant manager and I say.  Let me show you something.  I said see that
little guy right there.  Notice how aggressive he is.  I wonder why he is
like that.  We'll let me explain.  He is hungry.  He and the rest still
have there nursing teeth.  It bothers them to keep crunching the hard
stuff.  So, they don't intake the protein that is required.  After our
talk.  I left.  I thought to myself that's strike 2.  Today I go in and
find the most happiest bunch of kits that I have seen in a petstore in a
long time.  Guess what soft food.  This time a third key manager was
there.  Now, I know for sure.  The word is getting passed down.  I left
there smiling.  Even though I don't work there anymore they will still
listen.  Believe me it was a hard road to travel with this company.  But,
I can finally say they have a good bunch in the store.  They are willing
to listen.  Or they never know what stunt I may pull:).  Try to work with
your stores if something is wrong.  You may have to read a psychology book
before dealing with them but, it is worth the effort.

Benita