From:
debi sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 2009 23:46:07 -0800
Tara, you said:
>I'm "guessing" by your post, you have yet to use the heart stick and
>have only discussed it with your Vet?

No hun, I said that is the only way I have my vet help them cross.
Techiques have changed since 20yrs ago. I've had 4 legged family
members for almost 50yrs and have seen so many pass in my lifetime,
dogs, cats, horses and ferrets. Shooting a horse in the head to put
them down is barbaric to me, not a heart stick. There is no screaming
when Dr. Kelli does the heart stick. If a ferret's viens are collasped
it can take a lot of prodding & pain to find a vien to inject into.

When I was younger the vets helped our pets pass the way your's and
Jeff's vets do, it stressed my babies out so much it had me to the
point of tears, I will never do it that way again. With the heart stick
my vet gets it on the first try every time and their spirits are set
free withing a minute or two. Sticky Fingers was helped to cross this
way last week due to sevier insulinoma.

As I said in my previous post, I prefer them to leave for the bridge
while at home with me in my bed while holding them, telling the about
the Rainbow Bridge in the comfort of our home. But there are times when
they are in too much pain, then the vet helps them cross. Each person
must decide for themselves which is the best way. For me the heart
stick is much faster with less stress and I've been there for both
ways, so I have decided for me and my babies the HS is faster than
letting the drug have to travel through their bodies first before
ther spirits are set free.

Debi Sadowski
Fuzzy Loving Ferret Rescue & Ferretry
Established in 1998