From:
Jaymi Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 11:51:07 -0500
Hi.  My name is Jaymi, and I have posted a couple of times on this list.  I
wanted to share this with you (I orignially posted it on AOL.)

Last night, my Mom called me to tell me Bear, one of her ferrets, passed
over the Bridge.  Bear was only 6 and a half months old, and was a striking
little guy.  He was a dark, dark MF sable, with little white toes on his
front feet, and a beautiful white bib.  All of his life Bear suffered from
an enlarged heart and liver.  He had been on medication since June (when my
Mom got him), and in the last two weeks had gone downhill very quickly.  Two
nights ago, the 5 ferts were playing in an empty fish tank filled with
plastic bags, but poor Bear couldn't.  He sat on the side and watched, with
a little frown on his face.  Bear couldn't play anymore.  He could barely
breath.  Last night he waited until it was time for everyone's playtime, and
had to be taken out of his cage.  Bear wouldn't take his medication, and my
Mom, in her heart, knew not to force it this time.  He laid on the ground
for a few minutes, and then tried to go under the stereo cabinet.  My Mom
picked him up, and petted him while he layed in her arms.  Not to long
after, he gave his last breath, and passed on.  As my Dad held him (Bear was
his little baby), Teela (Bear's sister) came up and sniffed him, knowing
what happened.  She wouldn't leave the blanket he was in until it was time
for her to go back into her cage.

All of my Mom's ferts respected Bear's last week, knowing that the end was
near, and never bothered him (with the exception of Scooter loving to nibble
on his ear).  I was only able to meet Bear once (When I went home for a
week.  My parents' got him after I moved away.), but Bear was the most
beautiful ferret I have ever met.  He was always on the small side, but was
big on love for all of us.  In Bear's memory, I ask that everyone give an
extra hug to your fuzzbabies tonight.  And remember, our ferts aren't here
forever.

Please cherish every minute that they grace your life.  They bring light,
they bring joy, but most of all, they bring love.....

Jaymi and the NY Fuzzkids--Leroy, Petra, Kirby, and Samson.

The MN Fuzzbutts--Oppie, Podo, Scooter, Zoe, and Teela.
Over the Bridge--Bubba and Bear.