From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 1997 07:34:54 -0500
Yes, I am alive.  OK, moderately so.  I just got nes my new red car is fixed
and I have to turn the rental in on Monday, so I am sprinting hoe to do the
deed.  I have just about visited everyone who asked me too, and those I
haven't, don't worry, I will be back in about a week to shoot pictures and
will catch you then.

Some comments:

Met Bill (BIG).  Great guy, even if he offered me a drink with orange globs
floating in it.  I thought we where getting along fine until he started
giving me directions in Brooklyneese to streets that didn't exist.  I think
I've figgered out his middle name.....

Met Ronnie.  The lady defines class.  Or should I say, class with a sting?
Very intelligent, very witty, very nice.  Was so nice I even put up with
monsterously huge 'skeeters sucking out my blood for hours, just to be able
to talk to her.  She is so sweet the 'skeeters skipped her, probably because
they were afraid of hyperglycemia.

Met Gale and Jay.  Great people, unbelievable hosts.  Gale is a hoot, and,
without exageration, the world animal community is better off with her than
with me.  She really does a lot for her ferrets and rehabs.  You can't have
the towels back...

Met Ilena.  She made her house sort of my "home base" while in NY, kicking
her son out of his room so I could snore in private (Thanks Kenny!).  At
first I didn't like here because she used PCs and listens to country music,
but I got over it.  If the FML had a yearbook, she would be voted "Most
Likely to be Bob's Sister," and since I never had one, she is so nominated.
She has the two most singularly energetic female ferts I have ever seen.
They match Ilena perfectly.

Met Danee.  Did I spell that right?  After seeing her kits, I couldn't leave
without one, so now have "Amber" (named by Ilena).  Amber is a tiny bundle
of cinnamon energy, and loves to sleep in my shirt.  This results in much
twitching and giggles on my part, I must admit.  She also has a wonderful
son who plays bass in a heavy metal band.  What Danee doesn't know is after
she dragged off to slee, her son and I played music for a couple of hours.
I understand he plays birthdays and parties in the DC area, so rock your
orld with a live band.  He is good.  Danee has a house full of ferts and all
are quite breathtaking in their beauty.  And I got the best one.

Met Meg.  She better not drink coffee because she is already so energetic
that she would probably explode.  When I saw her black ferrets, my mouth
dropped to the floor and all I could do was drool and mummer something like
"must...have....beautiful....ferret." I now own a boy and a girl thanks to
her bountiful generosity and humanity towards my pathetic and wimpering
frame.  I have yet to name the pair, although "Ouch" and "No" are popular
offerings.  Her blacks are among the most beautiful ferrets I have ever
seen, without a doubt, and I think the boy I pried out of her hands is
absolutely the prettiest fert in the entire world.  Meg acts tough, but just
stick out your bottom lip and wimper and you can get just about anything.
I've almost talked her into a European vacation...

Met Pat.  Ok, I've met her before, but this time I stole one of her little
sable girls.  (Yes, folks, that means I walked away with four little babies
this visit.  And all kits.  What could I be thinking?) Pat named the beastie
"Jezabel" and it fits!  I hope you do well this weekend!

After I return, I will write more about the people who have put up with me
for the last to weeks, with an especially funny ancedote regarding a certain
Mary and Eric we all know and love.

In the meantime, I will soon return to shoot Julieanna, and to do some
museum work in Pittsburgh.  Get ready, the Bob show will be coming to your
town......

Bob C on the road sans 17 ferts but with 4 kits.