Date:
Tue, 20 May 2008 10:47:32 -0400
Hi all and Happiest of Dooking Tuesdays to you all!

4 days ago, I became the proud "babysitter" of two new fuzzbutts. Their
names upon arrival were: Baby (albino little girl) and "Snookums" -
(big fat sable/mix boy). After one half hour their names became: TC
Princess (toe crunching princess) and OMW Bubba Love (Outta my way
Bubba love). A friend of mine is pregnant, but having a severely hard
time of it so she asked me if I would "ferretsit" for her, until she
got on her feet again. We both knew however, that when the baby comes,
she will have even less time than she did before, to take care of these
kidlets - so enter: The Ferret Sitter For Life (Me!).

Now these kids are pretty awesome from my point of view, however the
other fuzzies in the house will tell you different.

Bubba thinks it is FUN to chase the dog and cats, and bite at their
ankles. He makes sure that he practices every day on a different
aminal. To him, it is hilarious to watch animals 100 Xs his size,
running for their lives when he gets out. He thinks he is "King of the
Ferret Mountain" and will kinda Nudge others outta his way......if they
don't move, he will walk right over the top of any prone furry bodies.

Princess (a.k.a - Baby) is a toe cruncher from hell. She firmly
believes it is her duty to "taste" everyone's toes when she gets her
out time. Why do we call her Princess? Because shes will crunch your
toes until you scream, and when you DO scream, she will get this little
"regal" attitude and look up at you as if to say: What? What'd I do?
I only was testing your toes! She is deaf, and I have NO experience
with deaf ferrets - but we seem to have developed a pretty good
relationship, so long as I wait on her hand and foot......She is a
pretty neat little addition to the family. Being the only girl has it's
perks for this one. She "bosses" and "pushes" every other ferret into
doing what SHE thinks they should be doing. And that is waiting on her.
The other day I caught Artemus in the fridge with a plate stacked with
chicken, ferretone, ferrevite and a glass of wine. I asked him what he
was doing with it - and he could only nodd his head in "her highness's"
direction. I let him continue on, but took the wine. We don't do
"drinks" in our house I tried to explain to her. She threw a tantrum
until we came to a "happy median" of her being allowed ferretone
shakes. These kidlets are quite young - 7 months, and 9 months - and I
almost had forgotten what it is like to have "youngsters" around. My
MoJoMan - who's the youngest of my group (he is 2 or 3 - Artie and Zeus
are closer to 5/6) and incidentally usually the most hyper - can't keep
up with these newbies. They have more energy than he does, and it ticks
him off. So - he will wait til Princess is walking away from
something......slowly creep up behind her......and.....THE POUNCE!!
Unfortunately for him, she always can "sense" him there, and he has
been reduced to "pouncing the floor" with his face. I hope he'll grow
outta that.......more updates later!!!!

Hugs to all

Kim and Her Growing Army Of Idiots.

Lord, help me to be grateful for what I have, and not greedy for what I
want.....