From:
Susann Viafora <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 19:01:54 -0400
 Critterpen writes:
>For the rest of her six years, Hilfy would not go outside.  She only went
>if she was in a carrier and safe from "the hawk in the sky".

I take my kids out for 'adventures' sometimes.  Not just for their regular
walk around the yard, but put 'em in their carriers and go out to a meadow
or the woods, etc.  (harnesses on, of course, and very carefully).  One time
I took them to the beach, and little Timmy got one glimpse of that big
expanse of blue ocean -- turned around and ran for his life.  It's not easy
for a ferret to scamper up beach sand, but he flew :> He would never go near
the water again.