From:
D CHRISTEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 14:24:48 -0500
Hello everyone,
This is just a message to everyone who has written me, over the past few
months, weeks or whatever, it doesn't matter anymore how long, and for
those who have just read and remembered him in your prayers., or even
anyone else who is interested in reading this.

I grieve the loss of My Odysseus, every day.  As old as he was when i got
him, he weaseled his way into My Heart, just by being himself, undemanding,
(always patient), understanding, (shown by the look), and ever present,
when i would come home and call for my ODO, pet name.  He was a valiant old
fellow, who just needed someone to love and care for him, 18 short months
is all that he was w/me in body, forever w/me in my heart.  He waits for me
w/Athena @ the Rainbow Bridge now, something that everyday i look forward
to.  I haven't been a weasel mom, but for even yet a few short years (3,
maybe 4 now).  My brood has grown, from 3 to many, but they are all mine.
They have free roam, and u wouldn't know that i have 24, for they come
and go as they see fit.  Their food is always full, there is always water
available. (in short, they are taking over my home? :0) )  When i am home,
i am often distracted by a passing ferret, so i am always trying to get
housework done, (NOT), i would rather be playing w/my ferrets!  How many is
too many, when they are unwanted and dropped off at a shelter that already
has its hands full caring for the mass, and i have room, they don't seem
to mind that they get a few moments of undivided attention, a treat or 2,
here and there, and clean warm blankies in the cupboards or beds (papasan
cushion & round doggie bed ) on the floor for mommy to lay on w/them.  Most
of the ferrets that have come to me, came via someone elses home, i w/not
turn down an unwanted as long as i can care for them and myself.  There is
always a moment or 2 here or there to love on them, and they know who loves
them...ME!

There are a lot of fun loving and wonderful ferret parents out there, =
prayers to all of you.  The stories and poems/songs are wonderful to =
read, the goodbyes are always tearfilled.

Sorry this has been so long, but sometimes, some of us have to digest =
what we have just read for a period of time, especially old dogs like =
me...

Thank you for your time

donna and all her fur children (they are not my pets, that places
ownership on them)

bandit, zeus, jalepeno ( the original 3)
crimson & clover (unwanted)
hera & athena (fur angel 01-06-00) (unwanted)
samson & Odysseus (fur angel 06-30-01) unwanted (old ferrets, to boot!)
sadie & jasmine (unwanted)
Fenris & Frey (ferret math strikes)
Aphrael & flute (unwanted)
Theodore Edward Bear, Blossom, Freya (unwanted)
puma & frack (unwanted)  2 much effort 2 find a place 2 rent that would
allow pets?
Prometheus, Romulus & remus, (more ferret math)
Epimetheus (a valentine gift from a daughter who told me not to buy, but
rescue)?
Lily & Poppy ( unwanted)

How many is too many, u do the math