From:
mark hei <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 23:52:14 -0500
Hello there - I have a 5-year old named Sandy who had surgery for
insulinoma last Fall.  She also had an Adrenal removed, part of the
pancreas, a tumor in one lobe of her liver, and a chunk of rubber in
her intestine.  She recovered well and has been checked regularly by
her doc, Dr Weiss.

For weeks now, between check-ups, she has shown swollen teats and labia -
with no other symptoms.  She is alert, lively, smart, and except for the
swollen personal parts, seems fine.

She has a check-up this April.  My question is this - there is a lot of
literature about medicines and surgical procedures for Adrenal Disease
(she only has one adrenal left).  Aside from the symptoms above, loss of
hair, etc... (she isn't loosing hair), what should I be monitoring for to
ensure she stays comfortable and lives as happily as possible?  She is
maintaining her weight.

Note: The insolinoma was killing her and she clearly was ill, with the
common symptoms... This disease, in contrast to that one, seems
manageable so I want to stay informed.  I have heard that sometimes
female parts missed during spaying inside cause this reaction certain
times of the year, instead of adrenal disease.

Thanks,
Mark h.