From:
John Rosloot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 1995 15:04:39 -0600
    Well, the vet just phoned.  Bud's left adrenal was tumorous and has
been removed.  The right appeared normal.  The vet noticed a couple of
other things while in there.  Bud's spleen is quite large.  His liver had a
couple of spots on it, but the vet said he's seen that before, and it
usually didn't indicate a serious problem.  And the vet removed 12 small
tumors from Bud's pancreas.  I guess this is a little more serious, as I've
read pancreatic cancer often recurs.  But the vet said the tumors didn't
seem to be bothering Bud yet; his bloodwork came back normal, as it did the
last couple of times it was checked, so even if they do recur the vet
thinks they might not become serious for years (and at Bud's age, he
probably hasn't got many years left anyway).  I guess only time will tell.

    Bud is sleeping for now (of course).  The vet is keeping him overnight
for observation, and will call again tomorrow to let me know if Bud's ready
to come home yet or needs to stay a day or two longer.  He's also having
lab work done on tissue samples from all of the organs mentioned (spleen,
liver, pancreas, and of course the removed adrenal) to determine if they
represent any serious problems.  The wait continues...

--
John Rosloot, Caregiver to:
Buddy, Cassidy, and Sammy