Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 01:16:47 -0800
Hi Gang!!

I just came back from the Ferrets Anon. round-up and it was SO much fun.
The vet that spoke just had an open forum (sorry can't remember her name
exactly and wouldn't want to get it too wrong).  It was a session of just
questions, answers and inquiry.  Ya don't get that very often.  I bought
signed books, magazines and other normal ferrety things.  I visited with
all the southerners I rarely get to see.  I ate like the little grublet
that I am.  Jean Carley spoke on photography.  If any of you can ever go
to the round up you should plan your vacation and go to it.  Only costs
$5 to get in.  What a bargain.  I flew in from Portland the morning of
the round up and flew out in the evening.  So, ya don't need much time.
Just a day unless you are coming from a long way a way.

BUT, my one great purchase from the silent auction was a poem book from
an FML fundraiser, from before I was on the FML, dated 2000!  I was so
excited.  I will treasure this book forever.  It was generously donated
by Robin.  It is so cool.  I haven't had time to go through it all of
course but it is so full of cool stories, poems and wisdom.  I want to
thank the FML for having such a book and I want to thank Robin for
parting with it!  Yeeppyy.  Well, I just had to share my enthusiasm and
good luck.

Toronto Question: I was thinking about flying into a US airport (wherever
Southwest flies) and driving into Canada.  Can any of you think of a
reason why that would not be practical.  SW said Toronto is 107 miles
from the closest airport that they fly into, can't remember that name
either.  Do the car rental companies allow us to drive into Canada?  I
know they are picky about Mexico and some state lines.  Does anybody
have a car rental recommendation or one to avoid?  Also, what kind of
weather should I expect?  Trying to get packing ideas.

Thanks everybody,
Mary Jo