From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 11:21:50 -0400
The Operation Oberlin girls have all been spayed and are recovering nicely.
All are getting the hang of using a litter box, at least while in the cage.
:-) Temporary names have been assigned.

"Seal" is about 6 months old, a dark sable with a shiny, sleek coat that
suggested her name.  She has a less pointed face than most females, and a
distinct dark mask.  She is a bit skittish, but only nips gently at toes in
play.  Of course, we all have our shoes and socks on!

"Demon Spawn" or "Devil Seed" is also a 6 month old sable, not as dark as
Seal.  Her name says it all, but I hope we will have to find a new name
soon; she is already becoming less apt to bite.  She is extremely active,
playing after all the other girls have gone to sleep.  She shreds the
newspaper, digs in the litter box and plays with the jingle bells.  Until
better trained, she will need an ferret-experienced owner.

"Chocolate" is, yes, you guessed it, a chocolate, with a beautiful coat.
About 1 1/2 years old, she likes to wrestle with Demon Spawn.  She is safe
to pick up from the cage and hold, but if she is running about, will
sometimes nip if you try to pick her up.  Like Demon, she is quickly
becoming more trusting and trustworthy.

"Cashmere" is also about 1 1/2 years, a light sable mitt with a soft, lush
coat.  My daughter suggested the name after she begged to borrow my cashmere
sweater (I let her wear it for a little while).  Cashmere has four white
feet, a nice bib, and a white face with a v-shaped mask.  She is the calmest
of her cagemates, and has not bitten.

These girls need loving homes, and if you have room in your home and heart,
please call or email.  We also have several boys looks for homes.  See our
web page for more details.

Assistance with spaying bills would also be greatly appreciated. Send checks
directly to the vet and write North Coast Ferret Shelter on the note line.
  Douds Veterinary Hospital
  12115 Leavitt Road
  Oberlin, OH 44074

Thank you.