From:
Johanne Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 13:51:12 +0100
Hi everybody!

I am new to the list and a ferret mother for the first time.  I live in
Norway, just north of the Arctic Circle.  Ferrets are not commom pets in
Norway, so vets don't know all that much about them.  So I hope I can
bother you guys if any health problems occur.  My son, 15, is the actual
owner, but since it is the snow boarding season I am Lille Venn's (Little
Friend) main provider.

I have to admit that I wan't that keen on getting a ferret to start with.
We have two bull terriers, a parakeet and an aquarium.  I guess I'm a
softie, after 1 minute with this furry Slinky, my heart was won.  He is the
most adorable, crazy animal I've ever had.  I have always wanted a cat, but
I am terribly allergic to them and now I'm glad that I am, otherwise we
wouldn't have a ferret!

There is one thing I wonder about.  The breeder, who has been breeding
ferrets for over 20 years, said that we shouldn't vaccinate him because
it can do more harm than good.  Set me right!

Johanne and Lille Venn=20