From:
Tara Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 1995 11:54:20 -0500
Anybody else got a ferret that literally *screams* for attention?

My Teru starts screaming when I turn the key in the lock and contiues as I
come in and let him out.  I put him on the floor and he screams (if I carry
him--he still screams) he follows me into the living room, still screaming,
runs up to the couch and up onto my chest where he screams in my face.

Now I mean scream, a full throated "AHHHHHHHH!!!!"  A sound remarkable for
a resonating body cavity that small.

Thankfully, I have a house out in the boonies and don't live in an
apartment anymore so he's not really bothering anyone. I find this more
amusing than annoying and don't really need to teach him to stop.

I've noticed that the screaming fits are decreasing in length as the weeks
go by (I've only had him three weeks--he can't be more than 14 weeks old
himself).  His first screaming fit the first day I left him alone lasted a
good twenty minutes.  He's down to about ten minutes of screaming and five
minutes of grumbling.

I'm allowed to take him to work occasionally, and he's pretty good there.
He'll sleep for three hours, scream quietly ("ahhhh!!!"), I'll then take
him out and play with him for about 20 minutes and he'll ususally go back
to sleep in my lap.

The pet store I got him from refered to him as "the crybaby".

Now I know why!

Harpy

aka, Tara Wheeler