From:
Ted Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 1995 13:45:09 EST
Hi again,

Orville & Rajah are collectively known as the 'terrorists', 'monsters',
'fur-rits', 'fuzzits' and of course, 'fuzzies'.  Individually they go by a
wider variety, and we seem to fall in to that category of folk whose poor
ferrets are SOOOOO confused by the names they are called that they don't
bother responding unless you are right there and offering a really good
treat.

Oh, I forgot, they also go by the 'wuzzies' short for 'iddle bidddle
fuzzy wuzzies'

I posted a query several days ago, but drew no response, so I'll try
again:
Does anyone know anything about cystic kidneys?
Rajah had a very cystic kidney removed recently - I'm told they are thought
to be congenital or hereditary.  So far, it appears that the other kidney
is not affected - the vet took blood and did a BUN test which came back Aok
- so the remaining kidney appears to be working fine.  Is it possible that
in time this kidney will also be affected?  Is there anyway of preventing
or slowing it down if it is inevitable?  The vet also sent blood away for a
CBC.  I haven't received the results from that yet.

By the way Rajah seems to be MUCH happier without the kidney - which for
anyone that has been following my posts might recall, was not identifiable
when it was removed.  The histology told us that this 'mass' was a kidney.
The kidney itself had shrunk tremendously and was miniature in comparison
to the 'mass' (cyst/s I guess) that were on it.

So, and info would be greatly appreciated by us - vet, fellow sufferer
whatever - please help alleviate a little tension here :)

Thanks in advance,
Tanya
Orville (wonder neck warmer)
& Rajah (I've never felt so good - see how much better I am at
*nipping* toes and fingers now :)