From:
Sarah Branham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 12:53:24 EDT
Hi All..Just wanted to post about a few things I read in yesterday's list.
First off, someone posted about screening before buying from petshops.
That's fine.  But to be real about it, I don't think it will ever happen.
Maybe it's just me, but a lot of it was about teenagers getting ferrets.
That kind of got to me.  I am 18 and was 18 when I got me darlings.  I
still live with my parents, and it was when my boyfriend came from MS to
see me when I bought Ginger.  Of course, my parents had always been against
getting a ferret for the past 5 years.  "No More Pets!!!" is what they'd
say.  So, it was a half impulse decision.  I didn't get my mother's
permission for it either.  When I told her about it, she wasn't too happy
about it, but fell completely in love with Ginger.  She mentioned getting
another ferret before I did.  So then came Max.  My mother and I spoil them
both to death.  If I were to be screened, I probably wouldn't have gotten
them.  I had no job at the time, was living at home, and didn't even have
the proper caging for a ferret.  (Of course that quickly changed) They are
not "more than I bargained for" nor are they "troublesome".  Of course they
nip, and yes they aren't numer one in marksmanship when it comes to the
litter box, but I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world and I'm
glad I made the decision.  For the lady who had her fuzzy in the bathroom
while she showered, watch for incoming flying fuzzies.  Max got quite a
start when he jumped into the shower with me.  I guess he didn't expect for
it to be "raining" in there.  My furbabies know when it's time for me to
come out of the shower and are always waiting to come lick water drops off
my feet and legs and "trip me up" so I drop the towel and play tug of war
with them.

Also, last, I am looking to get another ferret.  Perhaps an older ferret,
maybe 2 or 3 yrs old.  Cinnamon, Blaze, or Chocolate colored (not that it
really matters, I've never seen one this color).  Descented would be nice,
but not a must, and spayed/neutered.(Don't want to sound to picky, I'm
not).  The thing is, I live in WV and cannot find a shelter.  If anyone
can help, it'd be much appreciated.  I hear almost everyday on here about
abandoned and ferrets needing homes.  I'm looking for a new baby, and would
like to help.  (If not it's ok, as I've had my eye on the sweetest little
baby girl at my petshop).