From:
Stan Siatkowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 11:23:27 -0400
I don't want to annoy all you experienced owners with the same old question,
but after a month and a half, Stash is still being beaten up by the others
whenever they get a chance to get near him.  We've tried all the usual
things - you know, the bitter apple on the neck, the neutral location,
bathing together, the mild discipline, the time-outs, etc,etc,etc, but
still, the old gang just jump him whenever they're in the same room together
(rare, these days).

I'd just let them duke it out and get it over with once and for all, but 3
problems: 1) A couple of the older ones draw blood from the back of Stash's
neck.  2) When they're fighting, Stash tends to vent his bowels.  The sh*t
flies, literally, and then they roll around in it.  Really messy.  (Even if
he "goes" before, he seems to find a hidden reserve...) 3) Terrie can't
handle it.  "They're killing him - stop them!!!"

Any suggestions above and beyond the standard, for especially bad cases?

Stan & Terrie, with Mookie, Psycho, Cecil, Cocoa & Stash in Toronto