From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 07:20:41 -0500
Ferrets will be on NH TV station WMUR-TV in the near future.  Just a one
minute segment, but it should be positive.

A camera crew came out to our shelter yesterday to do the taping; two young
men and lots of equipment.  We had our early ferret group of 12 primed and
ready - wow were they ready.  The camera crew tried to get some video of
them at ferret eye level.  I think they ended up with lots of shots of
ferret noses and sounds of ferrets trying to pull the microphone cover off.

My wife, Joan, tried to give them something to distract them - my Nikon.
She put it on the floor.  They all gathered around it while the TV people
readied their video camera.  Ha!  You can imagine how long that little
camera kept their interest when there was this huge camera with LIGHTS and a
person behind it, right on the floor.  They mobbed the camera and camera
man.  Climbed all over both of them.  More nose prints on the camera lens
again.

They finally got some shots of them playing in the three story ferret tower,
and running through the clear dryer hose.  If they would have brought two
cameras, they could have gotten shots of ferrets dragging the other camera
off.

The camera men were impressed.  This was their first "exposure" to ferrets,
and they thought it was "great." They'll edit it to a one minute segment and
send us a copy for review before they broadcast it.  I can't wait to see it.

We temporarily lost one of our ferrets after the crew left.  I was beginning
to think we should have checked camera bags, but she showed up behind the
refrigerator.  I got her out by shining a flashlight back there.  She
thought it was the TV people again, and ran out to show off.

Dick B.  - and the 12 TV stars.