From:
Brad Arendt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 23:28:14 -0600
Writing in to the list to see if anyone has had a fuzzie who repeatedly
gets blood blisters.  One of our ferrets, a male sable, has been getting
these "bumps" on his back along his spine for about two months now.  The
first time we immediately took him into the vet and had him checked out.
The vet drew a sample from the bump and ran lab work which showed nothing
abnormal.  She lanced the blister, blood came out and the blister went
away.  She said that if he was dropped or played rough and bumped his
spine, it could cause a blood blister.

Well, we are now on our third or fourth blister (we know this is at least
#3 but we did spot some dried blood on his coat a while back and think he
may have scratched and "pooped" another one on his own).  None of them
appear in the same place, other than they are all on his back and close to
the spine.  We know he hasn't been dropped although ruling out something
from playing with the other two fuzzies is impossible (normally he does the
beating up on the other two but they all get along very well and hate being
separated).  He still drinks, eats and plays like normal and the bumps do
not seem to hurt or really bother him.  He is coming up on 4 years of age,
has been very healthy and no other bumps any where else have been found.

Any advice would be appreciated.  We are stumped and worried that this may
be something more.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Brad, Kelly and the Idaho three
Hobbes, Susie and Elmo