From:
Dee McNally <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 1996 13:49:32 -0600
This is to anyone in Illinois:

About 3 years ago, I purchased a ferret from a local pet store.  I asked
them if I needed any permits or licenses or anything, and they said no.

Today, I went to the Humane Shelter to see about getting a second ferret,
and I was told that I need to get a Class A Ferret permit in order to own a
ferret in Illinois.  When I suggested that it may have been put into effect
after I got Alexander, she told me that it had been around for a number of
years.